Saturday, January 23, 2010

Let's get CRAFTY!!

So my little Mikkelle loves to be crafty, like her mom and her grandma!
I thought it would be fun (and Mikkelle agreed) to make masks! She kept saying "face, face face" over and over again! So we got some glue and water and made paste...
Ripped up a bunch of old used paper and decoupaged it to a balloon!
Then we blow dried it and waited for it to get hard.
Mikkelle was getting impatient and kept sneaking the balloon! (I finally had to put it up high so she couldn't get at it).
But she got extremely excited when I told her we were going to paint! I stripped her down and put a grocery bag over her with cut outs for her head and arms.
We popped the balloon and cut the mold in half.
Cut out the holes for her eyes and mouth...
And painted them! The one on the left is going to be an alien and the one on the right is going to be a tiger. We had to wait for the paint to dry to continue and well...
Mikkelle just wouldn't have any of that! She LOVES to paint...so I let her. And she painted for a long time. So long in fact that we didn't have time to finish the masks. But we'll get there...so I guess this post is
To Be Continued...

No comments: