Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Our weekend began with Mikkelle pointing at an airplane and chasing it OFF the trampoline and ramming her head into the medal bar. It swelled up GINORMOUSLY! And was bleeding quite a bit. This picture really doesn't do it justice.
So, we put a little cream...
...and a band aid on it. Which she kept on for about .5 seconds. We all slept out side in Chad and Beth's backyard that night (except Mikkelle) and by 5 o'clock Kelby and I were inside. Haha. I couldn't sleep out there and I can't sleep with out Kelby so he came inside for me : )
The next morning we went to RC Willey and I found a princess bed I thought was AMAZING! I wish I had one when I was a kid. So cool. Random picture but whatever.
After that we went to this Dinosaur Park. It was pretty awesome. Mikkelle climbed all over a bunch of Dino's....
...got a little nervous about some...
...like the pterodactyl...
...and when it came to the T-Rex...
...She couldn't get close enough to Kelby.
We went outside where they had all sorts of cool things. There was a pond with Prehistoric fish in it...
and digging grounds where McCoy, Master Paleontologist dug up a dinosaur.
And of course there were real live dinosaurs that stood perfectly still for each picture!
It was super hot outside and I can't imagine why I thought Black was a good color.
They even had funny places where you could stick your faces...
And we discovered where Texans get their pride from...Everything really is bigger there.
Mikkelle got to show off her sliding skills.
And was trying to keep up with the boys...
By the end of the trip she was pooped. And totally passed out.
On Monday we threw a neighborhood party and had lots of friends and family there. We made snow cones and had lots of YUMMY treats.
Everyone was having a really good time : )
And of course Kelby was excited about the snow cones...
Kelby created three golf holes in our backyard and the kids had a lot of fun. There was also a crazy sprinkler they enjoyed running through.
And here's cute little Dylan with his 'Dinosaur Green' cast.
We also had the newest and cutest addition to our culd-a-sac family, Sadie and her pretty mommy Lauren.
McCoy was splashing it up in one of the Kiddie pools...
and the girls were lounging in the sun : )
And of course Mikkelle is desperately trying to open this cookie case to scrounge up the sprinkles.
It was a great time. There was a lot going on with the golfing, eating, snow cones, pools, sprinklers and face painting. But it was a blast. I think we should do it every month. Who needs a holiday?

3 comments:

Shawn & Lauren said...

How did Mikkelle get so cute? She must get it from her mommy. I loved the pictures and am so glad that I got to be part of your fun Memorial Day weekend! Thanks for the fun!

John and Cara said...

Poor Baby Mikkelle! Sounds like you guys had a blast though. Wish we could be closer to play more with you guys!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I bet you are a RAD party thrower!!!! I really DO wish we lived closer so that we could hang...sorry, I have not called you back--life has been HECTIC and I wanted to give you my undivided attention--HOWEVER I was super flattered that you were thinking of me on a walk. Dacie was screaming at all the pictures of Mikkelle-she is growing up even since we have been there! PUNY TAILS-ha ha ha ha LOVE IT!Kelby is looking skinny in that picture with him and his read shirt, plaid shorts